Experienced in creating both manual and automated test plans?
We require a Test Analyst to work in a standalone role within a software development team to help drive the testing & QA of products. In this role the candidate will be responsible for helping develop the current testing strategy and building the components needed to deliver this strategy, as well as responsibility for the day to day execution of testing & QA.
What will you be doing?
- Taking day to day responsibility for the testing and QA function including managing own workload
- Preparation and maintenance of functional test plans and test cases for all software components.
- Building, where necessary, and maintaining suitable testing environments and data to facilitate quality testing of the software, including the preparation of test data.
- Using the test cases and plans created, to complete manual & automated test runs as required to satisfy the needs of systems testing, regression testing & QA of new releases of software, in a controlled and managed way.
- Reviewing, categorising, and where necessary, testing customer raised issues sent to the development team by the support team.
- Providing feedback to the development team, Directors and the support team as needed.
- On an on-going basis, contributing to the continuous improvement within the testing/QA function.
What do you need?
- Proven experience of the creation and execution of functional test plans for complex software products including: designing tests; building test environments and data; executing manual test runs; using software testing.
- Some exposure to the practical use of automated testing tools, ideally QA Wizard Pro is desirable, as is experience of testing the interaction between software and third party tools/hardware.
- Knowledge of Windows Server deployment and configuration.
- Knowledge of Database Systems beneficial.
- Proven ability to quickly learn the functionality of a complex software product.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills - the ability to communicate proactively with the development team and management.
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Industry certification to a recognised industry testing standard is desirable.
What's on offer?
This company believes in rewarding and supporting it's team:
- Salary of up to £36,000
- 24 days holiday plus BH,rising to 27 on length of service
- Includes 50% discount off gym next door, 50% off cycles
- Discounts on other gadgets and products
- Hours 9-6: 1 hour for lunch
- Casual Dress
- Social Events twice year - free
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free mobile unlimited text and calls, 4Gb data + £30 extra in case abroad of personal calls; New phone every 2 years
- Discretionary Bonus
Opportunity to drive testing techniques and progress experience