Do you have strong software development experience, system design and software architecture? Been responsible for coaching and developing software engineers? Looking for a company who reward their staff and provide long term career prospects?
A Software Manager is required to lead and co-ordinate the company's software development, co-creation and professional services strategy and team.
What will you be doing?
- Manage overall technical quality of output from the software team this will include: code functionality and quality, system design and architecture, testing and capability
- Manage, motivate, support and develop a small team of software engineers including recruitment to the team, and appraisals, leading by example, and producing code when necessary.
- Visit customers to present technical capabilities, promote services and co-ordinate and manage co-creation projects including review of customer source code and analysis of log files
- Manage the provision of pre and post-sales support including resolving of product/service software issues, installation and maintenance to improve product performance and customer satisfaction
- Create, lead and develop the go to market, commercial/sales model, including project scope and deliverables for co-creation strategy and tactical activities
- Work with sales teams, to promote, manage and co-ordinate the Software Developer and Integrator Program to customers and ISV's
- Lead the collaboration with overseas engineers and represent UK at overseas meetingS
What do you need?
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- A solid stable software engineering/developer background including system design and software architecture in an agile environment
- Demonstrate experience of managing, motivating and developing a team of software engineers
- Strong technical experience including:
- Win and Linux/Unix
- Visual C# .net framework
- Shell scripts
- Web API (SOAP, WSDL, REST) in
- Good communication skills and second European language ideal
- Ideally ISIS, SANE, or WIA
What's on offer?
- You'll be joining a brand name, with strong teams, who work collaboratively.
- Salary £55,000 - £68,750 including bonus
- Car allowance £7280 or company car
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Healthcare and Life insurance
- 35 hour working week
- Good opportunities to build long term career and obtain further qualifications