£20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Kennels Restaurant Supervisor will be part of The Kennels team and will report to the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Daring Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
Responsible for supporting the management of the restaurant operation and delivering excellent customer experience whilst maximising on revenue opportunities. To help lead and inspire the front of house team and encourage strong working relationships between the front and back of house operations.
- To be able to effectively supervise the restaurant team and run food service, whilst assisting other areas of the Kennels if necessary;
- Ensure all areas are ready and prepared for events, meetings, lunch and dinner service;
- Ensuring that the building and surroundings standards and appearance are consistently maintained throughout the day;
- To train and maintain new and existing staff on Kennels standards, procedures and restaurant service
- To create and deliver an amazing customer experience in line with the Goodwood brand standards, ensuring that the team receive the relevant training and development in order to achieve this consistently;
- To ensure that there is clear, consistent and two-way communication within the team;
- To establish, build and maintain relationships with all customers and handle complaints, requests and enquiries correctly and in a timely manner;
- To assist with setting, maintaining and monitoring the Food & Beverage standards in terms of presentation and service, ensuring consistency and quality whilst controlling costs;
- To ensure compliance with applicable liquor laws, club rules and restaurant limitations;
- To lead by example, offering excellent levels of service and professionalism, and to help the team develop their customer service skills;
- To adhere to the Club policies on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety and ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately;
- To assist with the weekly rota planning to ensure service levels are maintained and costs are controlled;
- To assist with administrative duties as required, including the processing of employee set up forms, financial procedures, event planning and stock ordering;
- Maintaining grooming standards amongst the staff;
- To act as an ambassador for the Goodwood brand at all times and ensure the Values are upheld to external and internal contacts through appropriate behaviour and performance;
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Flexibility of working pattern over busy times and festivals
- Passion for training and developing people
- Excellent communicator
- The presence to lead and inspire a team
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Good level of knowledge in relation to food and beverage (especially wines and spirits);
- Previous experience of working at a supervisor level in a bar/restaurant environment;
- Some experience of leading and developing a team would be beneficial.
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)