Management Accountant - Entertaining & Hospitality
£30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The Management Accountant – E&H will be part of the Entertaining & Hospitality finance team and report to the Head of Finance – E&H.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To support the E&H Head of Finance with the completion of the core financial duties of within the Entertaining and Hospitality Division, with a heavy focus on management reporting, reconciliations, forecasting and budgeting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the monthly management accounts for Goodwood House, Motor Circuit Catering, The Kennels and Hound Lodge to the relevant business managers along with the E&H Head of Finance and the E&H Managing Director.
- Liaise with each business manager on a weekly basis, act as a key sounding board for them in terms of decisions they are making and give them a clear picture of the financial positions of the division and wider Group.
- Ensure all relevant Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and any anomalies communicated to the E&H HoF with appropriate remedial actions suggested.
- Take a leading role in the weekly forecasting for each business, verifying the integrity of the numbers provided by the business managers and their correlation to the previous set distributed.
- Become very clear on how each business operates, where the key levers are and become a key stakeholder for each business manager providing support on key business decisions through accurate and adaptable modelling.
- When relevant, take a proactive role to the monthly stock takes. Ensure that the stock position reported each month is easily justifiable and ensure any anomalies are accounted for within the P&L before the YE.
- Work closely with other members of the Division’s finance team providing cover on the compilation of their reports in their absence.
- Take an active role in the production of the annual budget. Communicate templates, schedule meetings with each business manager and ensure clear guidance is given on where each P&L’s financial position should be.
- Become proficient in the relevant operational systems within each business you are responsible for and work towards improving the processes to drive efficiencies.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Take responsibility for yourself
What do you need to be successful?
- Essential: Proven Management Accounting experience, preferably in relevant industries.
- Essential: Good understanding of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook. Must be proficient in VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs and IF statements.
- Preferable: Working towards an accountancy qualification.
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)