Housekeeping Attendant (Full and Part-Time)
£ 9.10 to £ 9.75 per hour
The Housekeeping Attendant will be part of the Housekeeping team and will report to the Head Housekeeper.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s leading luxury experience.”
The Real Thing Daring Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
We employ meticulous attention to detail to create experiences, as they should be. We are honest and open.
We don't mind breaking the rules to create the best possible experiences. We will take tough decisions
It’s a team thing – everybody mucks in to make things happen. We're madly passionate about what we do
We want to make everyone feel special by loving what we do.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for ensuring all areas of the hotel are clean, tidy and maintained to a high standard at all times and within the designated time frames. These areas include Guest Rooms, Public Areas and also includes Linen duties.
- To ensure guest rooms are clean and tidy including tasks such as replacing bed linen, bathroom towels, replenishing used amenities, deep cleaning and vacuuming as required
- To maintain all public areas including guest toilets, showers and changing facilities
- To ensure sufficient stock levels including towels, toilet paper and toiletries, alerting management as to when these need to be ordered or if there are any issues with stock
- To act upon guest requests and special requirements where necessary
- To support the management of the linen, organising stock and ensuring that levels are maintained and that unsuitable items are removed and recorded
- To control and record all incoming and outgoing linen items, counting in and out when it is removed or received on site
- To load cupboards and housekeeping trolleys with linen, and to remove all dirty linen from the cupboards and trolleys accordingly, ready for recording figures in the daily stock take
- To control costs where possible without impacting on the level of service or quality
- To report and log all items of lost property
- To undertake other duties from time to time, as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisors
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department would be an advantage
- Own or reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood
- Be a team player with enthusiasm for getting stuck in
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation is an essential requirement
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)