£ 9.10 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends
The Front of House Assistant will be part of Food & Beverage team and will report to the Food & Beverage Manager.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s leading luxury experience.”
Purpose of the role
To offer all customers a personal, friendly and efficient service to The Kennels on every visit.
- To ensure all guests are greeted and served in a prompt and personal way
- To ensure every guest has a fantastically positive service experience
- Ensure that you have a good product knowledge on all items on the menu
- At the end of each shift, to ensure all back and front of house areas are clean and tidy
- Be fully conversant with the Weights & Measure Act 1963 and any recent updates
- To be aware of and responsible for Health and Safety, reporting any maintenance issues to relevant department managers and ensure that line managers are kept completely up to date with progress on outstanding actions
- To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Manager and Supervisor
- To contribute ideas which will enhance the guest experience
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- You need to be a people person with excellent customer service skills
- A good standard of education is required along with fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, ideally within the hospitality industry
- Passion for inspiring and creating amazing customer experiences
- Be a team player and be prepared to get stuck in as required